Tokai MTB Trails, Western Cape
The Cape's finest year-round mountain biking trails
Tokai Mountain Bike Trails is well-known as the Cape Peninsula's finest off-road trail Park.
The park has many route options from novice to experienced mountain bikers, with easy gravel routes to serious downhill trails with hairpin bends and switchbacks.
The trails are all built according to IMBA (International Mountain Biking Association) standards and are colour-coded according their grading.
- • Green Graded Trails - Easy flowing trails with minimal elevation gain ideal for all ages and beginners
- • Blue Graded Trails - Challenging trails with obstacles, loose tread and steep climbs for intermediate
- • Black Graded Trails - Technical trails with drop-offs, jumps, obstacles and rough terrain for experts
These trails offer views of Constantia Valley and Table Mountain, plus the Cape's Mediterranean-style climate is perfect for year-round mountain biking.
For those not cycling, the nearby Cape Point Wine Route offers visitors award-winning wines. Other interesting activities in the area include surfing, hiking, horse riding and penguin encounters.
- Grading: Easy to Intermediate
- Terrain: Gravel roads, single-track, jeep track
- Distance: Up to 40km (various colour-coded routes)
- Day Pass: R75
- Table Mountain National Park, Tokai Road, Cape Town
To find out more about the Tokai MTB Trails, visit their website.