Karkloof MTB Trails, KwaZulu-Natal
World-class trails in the KZN Midlands
The Karkloof MTB Trails are regarded as some of the best in the country. All routes begin and end at the Karkloof Country Club, and are graded according to International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA) standards.
The world-class trail network is accessible year-round and offers a mixture of terrain, picturesque views and adrenaline-filled features.
- • 7km - The trail runs mostly along forestry road, and is perfect for children, novices and leisure rides
- • 15km - A fun, adventurous mixture of 30% forest road and 70% single-track
- • 18km - A pleasant, 100% forest road ride that has no hard, technical features
- • 20km - Supa20 has a good mixture of climbing, forestry road and technical single-track
- • 30km / 37km - Outback trails through a mixture of single-track and farm lands, tough climbs and awesome descents
For trail runners, there are three trail running routes (5km, 10km, 20km) through the forests and single-track along the river.
Riders and runners have everything they need at Karkloof Club as the facilities offered include safe parking, hot showers, an on-site café and a place to wash your bike.
Off the bike, the surrounding area is part of the Midlands Meander - a countryside treasure. Wind your way through the heart of KZN, taking in art galleries, artisanal craft shops, farm stalls, country restaurants, coffee shops and roasters, bush pubs, outdoor activities and adventure sports.
- Grading: Intermediate
- Terrain: Single-track, jeep-track, forest road
- Distance: 7km - 37km (various colour-coded routes)
- Adults and Children: R50
- Karkloof MTB Club, Karkloof, KwaZulu-Natal