Harkerville MTB Trails, Garden Route
Single-track, coastline trail and scenic views
Situated within the Garden Route National Park, Harkerville Mountain Bike Trails is an ideal location for forest mountain biking. The trails are surrounded by shady plantations, indigenous forest and coastal fynbos, with panoramic views of the ocean.
Four well-maintained, colour-coded routes are available, each designed according to different difficulty levels and to suit specific rider fitness. The trials equate to 24kms in length and range from an easy family ride on farm roads, to a technical fast-flowing single-track.
- • Blue Route - Easy 12km ride along gravel roads, single-track through the forest
- • Yellow Route - Easy 14km trail along gravel roads
- • Green Route - Intermediate 15km, circular route along the coastline
- • Red Route - Challenging 24km ride with exhilarating single-track, coastline trail and scenic views
The most popular route is the 15km trail, which features a mix of single-track and jeep trails, and the best views of the rugged Harkerville coast. The trails are ideal for riding throughout the year with warm summers and cool winters.
Positioned halfway between Knysna and Plettenberg Bay, the area brims with an abundance of activities, from fishing, hiking, surfing and abseiling to golf, picnics, feeding elephants, and indulging at one of the many restaurants.
- Grading: Easy to Advanced
- Terrain: Gravel roads, forest and fynbos single-track
- Distance: 12km to 24km (various colour-coded routes)
- Adults: R35
- Children: R18
- Harkerville Forest, Harkerville, Western Cape
To find out more about the Harkerville MTB Trails, visit the SAN Parks website.