First Car Rental Highlights in 2015
2015 was a year of great substance for First Car Rental and its approximate 450 staff and management.
Celebrating 16 years in business in April last year, First Car Rental has grown to become one of South Africa's top car rental companies, methodically and consistently broadening its markets locally, and into Africa, whilst fine-tuning service delivery across the board. Here is a brief summary of the company's major highlights:
• First Car Rental was again recognised as a Top 500 Best Managed South African Company for the seventh year.
• Three of First Car Rental's airport branches were named 2015 'Best Medium Car Rental Operator' by the Airports Company South Africa.
• First Car Rental continued its expansion across South Africa in 2015, opening two new branches, in Nelspruit and Potchefstroom, which increased the total number of branches nationwide to 51.
• First Car Rental Tanzania also opened four branches and started trading using the First Car Rental booking portal in February last year.
• On a global scale, First Car Rental signed multi-year, full content distribution agreements with two of the world's biggest global distribution system providers, Travelport and Sabre.
• First Car Rental launched its first mobile booking app in September. The app is available for iPhones and iPads and allows customers to conveniently book car hire in three easy steps whilst on the go. To find out more, click here.
The year 2015 has been a memorable one for First Car Rental, and we look forward to an even greater year in 2016.